Been a while since our last blog. Here's an update from our winter trip to DC.
We spent time at the usual places; Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, The Smithsonian Museums, etc. Did I mention shopping?
We also happend to notice that a new President had been elected. The euphoria of that event had not yet subsided; the evidence still hanging everywhere...
Of course we also visited our congressional delegation, most of whom actually met with us. Who didn't? Why, Harry Reid of course! I must admit, however, that the original picture of George Washington hanging in his outside office (circa 1790) was worth the trip...
A brief story: as we walked off the Mall towards a metro subway station, two ladies stopped us to ask directions. Within 30 seconds they asked if we were LDS...as were they...and found out we all new Scott & Jan Hoffman. I'm still wondering how they figured out so quickly that we were LDS. My angelic smile? The JS tract Dana tried to pawn off on them? Maybe we need to look a little meaner, or less approachable...

No comments:
Post a Comment